Action set 2: Industry and end-user informed research, supporting an industry-relevant curriculum
UniSA will engage meaningfully with its peers, industry and the community, undertaking research that is informed, leading-edge and relevant. Our focus will be on the quality and relevance of our research outputs, not the inputs.
We will organise and coordinate our research around grand challenges - the UniSA Research Themes that will span the university to create cohorts of critical mass with measured standing in their field. We will:
- Continue to strengthen key disciplines in both teaching and research;
- Target increased participation and success in national and international research grant programs that emphasise and support research links with industry;
- Adopt an open-access research publication policy;
As part of structured PhD education, we will:
- Incorporate suitable coursework components;
- Establish supervisory panels and practice-based dissertation committees;
- Introduce a video defence of the thesis, drawing participation from international researchers.
We will offer all our students the opportunity for practicums, work-based learning experiences or competitive internships and we will work to enhance our students' global capabilities.
Inspired Partnered Excellence
Inspired Partnered Excellence is the University of South Australia's Strategic Plan for Research and Innovation for 2016 to 2020.
Developed in 2015 through a year-long consultative process, this is the blueprint to achieve our vision for research inspired by challenges and opportunities, partnered with end-users and communities, and underpinned by excellence. To read the plan please click here.